Friday, March 2, 2012

A John Wanamaker teaspoon

Recently I was doing a little online window-shopping when I came upon a site with an interesting teaspoon for sale.

The seller said they didn't know what the initials JW on the handle stood for, but I knew! They stand for "John Wanamaker," the legendary department store in Philadelphia (and with branches elsewhere, of course). So why would I want a single teaspoon that came from a Philadelphia department store?

Well, because it came from the famous TEA ROOM in that department store, that's why! If only all department store tea rooms had so clearly stamped their wares, I wouldn't have such a hard time tracking down this memorabilia. The spoon is rather smallish and measures just about 5 inches long. I've got a John Wanamaker Crystal Tea Room soup recipe I plan to make soon, and you can bet I know which eating utensil I'll be reaching for when I try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment