Friday, April 27, 2012

A Marshall Field Afternoon Tea Menu

One of the items that's long been on my tea time "wish list" was a vintage Marshall Field department store Afternoon Tea menu. I recently came across this one online, and though it's undated, it's obviously vintage and it met my requirements aesthetically (because it was so pretty) and financially (because it was quite affordable!).
Would I have chosen the Tea for One (45 cents), the Favorite (70 cents) or the Hostess Tea (one dollar)? Decisions, decisions. All questions of thrift aside, I must say the Assorted Tea Sandwiches and Cream Cheese and Orange Marmalade Balls most appeal to me! (Double-click on the image if you need to see it larger.)
On this page, however, the Minced Tongue and Horseradish Sandwich is definitely *off* my list, I don't care if it was just 30 cents! So if we could travel back in time, what would YOU order here?

No comments:

Post a Comment